To meet the requirements for becoming an ACE-IT in College student, you must:
- Be between 18-26 years of age.
- Have a documented intellectual disability.
- Have completed or will complete high school with a Special Diploma or a Certificate of Program Completion.
- Be able to commit to a 30 month (5 semesters) college certificate program and take 4 – 8 hours per week of classes.
- Commit to a semester- long internship in the final semester.
- Work with a job coach to pursue employment in the final semester of the program.
- Have experience in a work environment (school, volunteer, and/or paid work).
- Be willing to study and meet with education coaches on a weekly basis, and others as needed, to review class work and discuss progress.
- Maintain good conduct in class and in the community.
- Be able to listen and appropriately respond to directions from an instructor, education coach, or work supervisor.
- Have experience in attending and participating in classes for up to 50-90 minutes.
- Be willing to work competitively upon completion of the college certificate.
- Have independent skills like using a clock and calendar to plan activities, knowing rights, using a cell phone, and being prepared to take care of self and belongings.